Kris Liivam, President of Arctic Fire Safety Services, has been involved in safety consulting since 2000. During this time he has worked for such organizations as TransCanada Pipelines, Honeywell, and KEYera. As well, Mr. Liivam taught part time at the Medicine Hat Community College, in the University of Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Certificate Program. Kris Liivam achieved the Canadian Registered Safety Professional designation (BCRSP # 09-3784) in 2009 and also completed the University of Alberta OHS Certificate Program in 2010.
As part of the Safety Consulting role, Arctic Fire Safety Services can:
- Development and implementation of Safety Management Systems (OHSAS 18000, Certificate of Recognition)
- Development and implementation of Emergency Response Plans
- Conduct Hazard Assessment and Control of construction, SAGD, and mid-stream oil and gas activities.
- Perform Contractor Evaluations
- Perform the health and safety aspect of project kick off meetings
- Perform Safety auditing/ inspections
- Develop Risk Management and Control criteria for leading indicator metrics
- Perform Incident Investigations (Taproot Root Cause Analysis)
- Mentor the Leadership/ Supervision development in safety processes and responsibilities.
- Produce Site Specific Safety Plans
- Developed and performed site specific orientations